Wednesday, October 17, 2012

ABC's of OCD....or CDO (the way it should be)

A.  How ironic that that's the initial of a certain sister that posts on this blog....and is OCD
B.  Hmmm, another sister that posts on this blog....not as OCD as the first
C.  ......

So, I'm not really going to list out 26 things that cause me to have OCD, although I probably wouldn't have too difficult of a time coming up with something.  I know all of us are a little OCD....it's ok to admit it.  Some of us more than others (not mentioning amy names....oops, "any" names). 

Some people say they "suffer" from OCD.  I beg to differ.  I do not suffer at all, I think of it more as having things the way I like them because it's MY comfort zone, not yours.  :) 

Some of my OCD tendencies include: 
When I go to the bathroom at work I sometimes (ok, always) check the lock on the door 3 or 4 times before I get down to business.  And I may or may not have actually gotten off the toilet a time or two to do this.  I know, TMI. 

Napkins....nice segue from the toilet, eh?  When I'm at the table and have to use my napkin I always, ALWAAAAYS keep it in a nice neat fashion.  I am not a crumpler....you have no idea how much it bothers me to see somebody's wad of a napkin!!  Come on people!  Nice, neat squares!  Is that so hard to ask?  Ask Amy how many times she's asked to use my napkin when I'm done with it because hers has been reduced to a tattered mess.

Product placement.... My laptop for example.  Right now it is sitting in front of me on the table (a square table) and the edge of the laptop is perfectly lined up with the edge of the table.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

Toilet paper.....  OVER, not under.  'Nuf said.

Blankets....  My bed has to be made every day, otherwise I feel all discombobulated.  If by chance I forget to make my bed (never happens) I will, and have, make my bed before I climb into it.  And when I am covered up with my blankets they have to be flat and not all bundled up.  Once again, not a crumpler.

These are just a few of my OCD issues that I have going on.  I'm sure there are many more that I either am forgetting or I just don't want to admit.  ....I'm starting to think I may need to see someone about these. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you're in trouble! Remember when we were playing dominoes and we purposely made the lines crooked so it would freak Amy out? Ahhh, the good ole days. Don't forget to mention how you press and flatten the wrappers from mini Reeses cups. We all have our tendencies. Well, when I say "we" I mean you and Amy. I am perfectly normal. In my own mind. Like how I chew the good food on the right side of my mouth and the not so tasty stuff on my left side. Yep, this is the twisted sh*t that is my OCD. And, by the way, it is rubbing off on my son. He now likes to eat the toppings off of his pizza before eating the rest of it. Yes, thank you, mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had some pizza and picked all the toppings off. Tried a bite with everything on it and it just isn't as good. :) We know which side Trey gets that from. I forgot about the Reeses wrappers!! Yes, we all have our quirks. I think I have pictures of Amy straightening out the dominoes. :) Always good to have evidence of the OCD! Your food chewing is interesting, I don't think I really pay attention to which side I chew on.

      Delete