Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm so pretty....oh so pretty

Well, contrary to the subject of this post, it is not a ploy for me to unleash my vanity and engorged ego on the world.  :)  I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest lately looking at the Health & Beauty section.  I am now obsessed with different make-up techniques and DIY hair styles.  I now know how to make my own dry shampoo or texturizing powder to make my hair more workable and look fantastic.  I said I know how to make it.....I didn't say I HAVE made it or even have made my hair look wonderful.  LOL.  Good intentions, I swear.  I already knew how to do a great eyelid full of make-up and having long eyelashes always helped my look.  However, I have opened a whole new can of worms with learning about highlighting and contouring.  Holy moly.....how revolutionary.  Make your face look totally different and with an airbrushed effect in person???....count me in.  A couple of blogs that I keep going back to have great tutorials and I can see why they are all over the Pinterest boards.  The Small Things Blog and Maskcara, you are great! 

One day last week, while I was home with my sick son, I decided to try out some make-up techniques.  My husband, who has no idea about my new found obsession, probably wondered why I looked like a high-class hooker when he came home from work.  Not that I looked horrible, but it was way more make-up than I am used to.  Usually I am more the low-key type of make-up person.  He just took it in stride...but he probably now realizes it with the collection of new application brushes and make-up that I accumulated.  As well as my need to buy a whole bunch of storage items to organize it all.  :)  A girl can never have too many options of make-up.....so being able to find them all is incredibly important.  So, while my son slept on the couch, I played make-up.  Who says you can't be a kid again?

There really is no point to this post other than, do what makes you happy and what makes you feel pretty.  Other things besides make-up and cute hair make me feel pretty, but these things can't hurt.....and are fun in the process!  Find your inner make-up artist and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment